Who we are
MoveAhead is the world’s first motion tracking and movement analysis platform built specifically for children. We are a scientifically-driven University spin-out working with some of the world’s leading brands and development studios to bring meaningful movement experiences for children into the ‘Kids App’ space.
Senior Unity Developer (Freelance and/or full time)
- Training component to get you up to speed on MoveAhead’s platform
- Work with our developers and clients to support best practice implementation of MoveAhead’s platform and scripts into Unity developed games
- Push for quality implementations that are performant, technically sound and reusable by other developers
- Promote clean, efficient and optimised code, with an eye for what is feasible given time and resource constraints
- Collaborate with renowned developers, UX/UI designers (our platform and scripts are used by some of the biggest names in the ‘Kids App’ space) to get thorough specs and flesh out the best way to get ‘MoveAhead’ powered ideas into the game
- Be part of a cross disciplinary team that uses a scrum-like process.
- Work with our developers to test code, to resolve bugs and to hit sprint goals
- Collaborate with our platform team and brand partners
- Come up with ways to improve process, working with other engineers to implement these improvements
- 3+ years of experience in developing 3D games using Unity
- Commercial experience
- Excellent C# (.Net 3.5/4.xx or equivalent) skills
- Excellent debugging skills
- Great communication skills, with experience writing documentation.
- Solid understanding how to write low-latency and low-garbage code in C#.
- Fluent in using Git (or Git-like system) and SCM patterns
- Solid understanding of programming principles, how systems work together and various common architectural approaches
- Enjoy solving difficult technical problems, in large, complex systems
We have great office space at Dublin City University, with remote working also facilitated
With a pipeline of work ahead we are seeking a freelance developer to support us on a project to project basis. The full time position is for an initial period of 18 months.
If you are interested in applying for this role(s), please email your details to email@example.com with the role title and your name in the subject line.